Problems that iSPACE solves.
iSPACE is a semantically driven cognitive and accessibility platform for dyslexic students and professionals. iSPACE is used for both formal as well as informal learning recognizing the role of attention mechanisms in reading and offering new strategies for interventions in dyslexia.
Dyslexic students and professionals are able to benefit from the particular platform as they can read at their own pace in a space that is tuned to serve their individual needs and day to day activities based on their condition, user-profile and age group.
iSPACE runs on touch screen laptops and mobile devices, tablets and smartphones.
It takes advantage of the sensors and embedded camera to recognise certain patterns based on the users’ behaviour whilst interacting with the environment to automatically customise the interface to the needs of the user.
Features that iSPACE has.
○ Suitable for sustained reading and approach text in small chunks.
○ Offers both immediate, medium and long-term rewards
○ Support individual preferences about times for working (10 minutes every day or 2 hours at the weekend for example)
○ Navigation and design is sensitive to memory load.
○ Accommodates memory difficulties through mindmapping
○ Accommodate speed of processing difficulties
○ Accommodate frequent difficulties dyslexic readers have with organization and coordination.