Job title: Research Accountant
Salary: €25,000.00 - €28,000.00/ year
The holder will manage the financial and administrative aspects of grants projects (funded under the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 scheme), working in partnership with Project Managers responsible for the scientific and technical delivery of the projects. The post-holder will provide administrative support and financial reporting for these projects beginning from the proposal stage, including development of budgets, submission of proposals, negotiation of grant-related agreements, launch of projects from an administrative standpoint, interim and final claims reporting, and support for client-driven audits as may be required from time to time. They will also collaborate with Financial Accounting resources to ensure timely production of management and statutory financial reporting.
Additionally, the post-holder will be responsible for ensuring the efficient functioning of the company’s offices through a range of administrative, managerial and human resources tasks. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the accounts, invoicing functions and support operations by helping to maintain office systems, processes and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and duties
● Overall responsibility for the financial management of the projects in close cooperation with the project managers and the CEO.
● Maintaining timesheets for the project managers and research team. Assist in the collation of information for audits and assisting with audit queries.
● Maintaining databases to aid with the completion of reports for the grant. Developing the design of that database where necessary to improve the information that can be retrieved.
● Assisting in reports –showing expenditure to meet the reporting requirements of the Horizon 2020 grant and the company.
● Preparation and processing of financial reports in accordance to the EC requirements.
● Internal analysis of grant financial performance including contributions to overhead, etc., as requested by management.
● Support Financial Accounting with data required for budgeting, cash flow planning, and operational and management reporting.
● General office administration
● Day to day financial operations of the business including expense claims, supplier payments, liaison with accountants etc
● Responsible for monitoring HR records, policies and procedures, including holidays and sickness records in collaboration with the HR.
● Assist at recruiting, training and developing staff
● Organising staff training sessions and activities
● Sourcing and managing suppliers in relation to office operations and supplies, including stationery, printing, facilities
● Providing administrative support to managers
● Checking all travel expenses claimed by project managers and staff to ensure claims are eligible expenses and coded correctly.
Experience and Skills
● 3+ years of experience with project administration, management or projects proposal writing (H2020) from a financial/accounting perspective.
● Fluent in English (both verbally and in written form).
● Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and financial software.
● Strong IT skills
● Strong communication (both oral and written in formal and informal situations).
● Presentation and organisational skills.
● Responsibility, flexibility.
● Ability to work both in a team setting and independently; self-motivated.
● Ability to work in multinational environment.
● Willingness to travel (10% or less is expected for this role).
● Knowledge of European R&D&I landscape is an advantage (H2020, Structural Funds etc.).
● Opportunity of self-realization and personal development in a small, rapidly growing company with international focus
● Cooperation on excellent European collaborative R&D&I projects with participation of leading European R&D&I organisations as well as SMEs and large industries
● Further training and professional development
● Competitive salary
Candidates that have an interest for the vacancy are kindly requested to send a short motivation letter along
with their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently all the interviews are conducted remotely.